Diantha grew up in the Shenandoah Valley, the daughter of a small business owner in Staunton, Virginia, and graduated from Bridgewater College. Diantha taught elementary school in the Harrisonburg Public School System, relocating to Albemarle County in 1976 to work as an administrator at The University of Virginia Hospital until her marriage to Wally McKeel.
During her 29 year employment at UVA Diantha earned a Licensed Practical Nurse degree and a Clinical Research Professional certification. Currently she is employed as a Clinical Research Coordinator for the Division of Cardiology. Her late husband, Wallace McKeel, was a civil engineer, specializing in bridge research and design, for the VDOT’s Highway Research Council.
Diantha was first elected in 1997 to the Albemarle County School Board (ACSB) and re-elected 3 times by the citizens of the Jack Jouett Magisterial District. As a member of the ACSB, Diantha was chosen by her peers to serve as Chair for 2 terms and Vice-chair for 3 terms. Diantha also twice chaired the Charlottesville-Albemarle Technical Education Center Board and represented ACPS on the Piedmont Regional Education Program Board. After serving for 16 years, her current School Board term ends on December 31, 2013.
- B.A., Bridgewater College, Sociology and Early Childhood/Elementary Education
- Licensed Practical Nurse Program, University of Virginia Hospital
- Certification of Clinical Research Professionals (ACRP)
- Elementary teacher, Harrisonburg, Virginia, Public School System
- Unit Manager, Outpatient Department, University of Virginia Hospital
- Currently a Clinical Research Coordinator, Division of Cardiology, UVA Health System
ALBEMARLE COUNTY SCHOOL BOARD:
- 4 terms, Jack Jouett Magisterial District (1997-current)
- Board Chair (2 terms), Vice-Chair (3 terms)
- Capital Improvement Program (CIP) Oversight Committee
- Charlottesville Albemarle Technical Education Center (CATEC) Board
- Communication Steering Committee
- Gang Reduction through Active Community Engagement Committee
- Legislative Action Committee
- National School Board Association Federal Relations Committee
- Piedmont Regional Education Program (PREP)Board
- Public Education Foundation of Charlottesville-Albemarle Board
- Virginia School Board Association Award of Honor and Award of Distinction
- Albemarle County Public Schools Health Advisory Committee
- Albemarle County Citizens Police Academy Graduate
- Canterbury Hills Neighborhood Association Adopt-A-Highway Committee Chair
- Canterbury Hills Neighborhood Association Board
- Charlottesville Municipal Band Fundraising Committee
- John E. Baker Legacy Dinner Planning Committee, supporting The African American Teaching Fellows
- Mental Health Association Board
- Gordon Walker – Campaign Co-Chair
- Gina Andersen- Campaign Co-Chair
- Charles Tolbert – Treasurer
- Katerina and Brandy – Website Development
- Rennie Mapp – Social Media Coordinator
phone : 434.296.4931
The American’s Creed
I believe in the United States of America as a government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed, a democracy in a republic, a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect union, one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.
I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to support its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect its flag, and to defend it against all enemies.