The daughter of a small business owner in Staunton, Virginia, Ms. McKeel graduated from Bridgewater College (B.A.) and worked as an elementary school teacher, a Licensed Practical Nurse and a Certified Clinical Research Coordinator. She retired in 2015 from the UVA Health System, Division of Cardiology.
December of 2013 Ms. McKeel completed her 16th year of service representing the Jack Jouett District as their representative on the Albemarle County School Board. Serving two terms as board chair, Ms. McKeel was a recipient of the Virginia School Board Association Award of Honor and Award of Distinction.
Elected to the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors November 2013, representing the Jack Jouett Magisterial District, Ms. McKeel has served two terms as Vice-Chair and is currently serving as Chair.
Two adult children and Brody M. Beagle. Ms. McKeel’s late husband was a civil engineer, specializing in bridge research and design, for the VDOT’s Highway Research Council.
- B.A., Bridgewater College, Sociology and Early Childhood/Elementary Education
- Licensed Practical Nurse Program, University of Virginia Hospital
- Certification of Clinical Research Professionals (ACRP)
- Elementary teacher, Harrisonburg, Virginia, Public School System
- Unit Manager, Outpatient Department, University of Virginia Hospital
- A Clinical Research Coordinator, Division of Cardiology, UVA Health System, retired
CURRENT COMMITTEE ASSIGNMENTS:
- Albemarle Charlottesville Regional Jail Authority Board
- Charlottesville/Albemarle/UVA Planning and Coordination Council (PACC)
- Piedmont Workforce Network (PWN) Council
- Places 29 (Hydraulic) Community Advisory Committee – Board Liaison
- Police Department Citizens Advisory Committee – Board Liaison
- VDOT’s Hydraulic-29 Area Planning Advisory Panel
- Workforce Investment Board
CURRENT COMMUNITY SERVICE:
- Adopt-A-Highway Chair, Canterbury Hills Neighborhood Association
- Albemarle County Gang Reduction through Active Community Engagement Committee (GRACE)
- Jefferson Area Board for Aging (JABA)
- John Baker Legacy Dinner Committee, supporting The African American Teaching Fellows (AATF)
PRIOR COMMUNITY SERVICE:
- Canterbury Hills Neighborhood Association Board
- Charlottesville Municipal Band Fundraising Committee
- Flag Chair, Jack Jouett Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR)
- Mental Health Association Board
- Fred Hudson – Campaign Manager
- Charles Tolbert – Treasurer
- Marc Borzelleca – Website Development
- Jacob Hardin – Social Media Coordinator
phone : 434.296.4931
The American’s Creed
By: William Tyler Page
I believe in the United States of America as a government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed, a democracy in a republic, a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect union, one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.
I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to support its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect its flag, and to defend it against all enemies.