Education and Community
- Support of Pre-K-12 education as well as Life-Long Learning opportunities for all our citizens
- Invigorate Charlottesville Albemarle Technical Education Center (CATEC) to support the needs of our local workforce.
- Promote affordable and accessible housing for the county’s workforce and our increasingly older population (read here about the Village Concept Promotes Aging in Place, by Donna Mae Mascarinas Scheib, MN, RN and Abington Elder Spirit)
- Improve partnership opportunities between the School Board and Board of Supervisors with the goal of recognizing the public school system as an active partner in improving local economic vitality
- Preservation of our rural areas, parks and historic districts
- Preservation of our scenic beauty and rural economy
- Seek a healthy and financially sound balance of environmental friendly practice and economic prosperity
- Improvements and additions to our walking trails, bicycle paths, playing fields and park land
- Improve partnership opportunities between the SB and BOS, recognize the public school system as an active partner in improving local economic vitality.
- Pursue improved working relationships with Charlottesville City leaders.
- Take my experience with establishing board and public processes to improve the Board of Supervisors’ work process and credibility (midnight decisions or actions catching the public by surprise).
- Strengthen partnership opportunities between the School Board and Board of Supervisors.
Transportation and Growth
- Transportation and traffic improvements that make sense and are a good use of taxpayer dollars, unlike the currently proposed Route 29 Bypass
- Find out about adaptive transportation systems here
- See Bacons Rebellion
- View Albemarle County Public Schools’ letter to the Federal Highway Administration
- Align the County’s capital improvement plan (CIP) with the designated growth areas
- Seek sustainable, mutually beneficial public-private partnerships in a cost effective and resourceful manner to strengthen the County’s infrastructure
For further information on the proposed Route 29 Bypass, read recent opinions:
Business and Economy
- Support and grow local businesses and 21st Century industry to create more job opportunities within the workforce (see Target Industry Report)
- Close the digital divide for all county residents
- Pursue improved working relationships with Charlottesville City, The University of Virginia, and the School Board